Wednesday, January 13, 2010

i like toys

For Xmas my tall monkey friend bought me an 8" DIY Qee that looks like this.


I'm heaps excited by my 3d cute-as canvas. I'm a bit nervous about messing it up so i did some research... This whole custom toy thing is huge. There's sites and forums everywhere. I like it! Here's some of my favourite finds...


These two are by Lounge Kat who's my artist discovery of the week. She's got a rad website with heaps of cool art and design. Plus she's got a great tutorial on how to dye one's qee which i believe i shall try on mine. checkitout!


This guy is a Munny done by Reactor 88 who does heaps of cool customs, loads of 'em are in this totem style. Wicked. For some reson I haven't been able to load the website on my computer. maybe you'll have better luck... but there's a good blog too.


Bot-O-Matic is also rad. This is Afuro the Dunnsais (a custom Dunny). Bot does customs in this el-naturale style. Also, his series called "Fall of Toy" is one of the cutest stories i've heard/seen all year.

So I've got some inspiration for my naked DoggyQee... will keep you posted as i attempt to customise. But don't hold your breath - it could take ages!

No comments:

Post a Comment